Business Spectator is Australia’s number 1 digital-only premium business product. Founded in 2007 by Alan Kohler, Stephen Bartholomuesz and Robert Gottliebsen, it is now read by around 500,000 Australian professionals, business owners, executives and investors every month, viewing more than 2 million pages.
Business Spectator is published by Australian Independent Business Media (AIBM) Pty Ltd, also the publisher of Eureka Report, a subscription-based investment website for self-directed investors. AIBM is a wholly owned subsidiary of News Ltd.
- Alan Kohler – Chairman and Editor in Chief: Former editor of The Australian Financial Review and The Age, former business editor of ABC TV’s 7.30 Report, former Chanticleer columnist for The Australian Financial Review and a former columnist for The Age and the Sydney Morning Herald. He is currently finance presenter on ABC Television News, and publisher and founder of Eureka Report and Business Spectator. www.twitter.com/alankohler, Google +
- Nicholas Gray – General Manager & Publisher: Nicholas joined Business Spectator in June 2011 and leads all non-editorial functions of the business, including commercial, product & technology, marketing, strategy, finance and HR. Nicholas has full P&L responsibility for Business Spectator and reports to the board of Business Spectator & Eureka Report. Prior to his current appointment, Nicholas spent over four years at ninemsn as National Sales Director and before that CFO & Strategy Director. He was a non-executive director of the IAB, iSelect, Rate City and Mathletics whilst at ninemsn. Prior to that, Nicholas was Strategy Manager at Lion Nathan and an investment banker at Citigroup in London and Macquarie Bank in Sydney.
- Jackson Hewett – Editor: Jackson Hewett's first job was as a producer for Robert Gottliebsen on Sky News in 1999. He was a reporter and producer for the BBC in London, the Middle East and the US from 2003 to 2009. In 2009, Jackson was awarded a Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Business and Economics journalism at Columbia Graduate School of Journalism. He also has a MBA from Columbia Business School. Jackson joined Business Spectator in December 2011, when he launched Productivity Spectator. www.twitter.com/jackson_hewett
- Stephen Bartholomeusz – Associate Editor: Former finance correspondent for the Sydney Morning Herald and senior investment writer for The Age. In 1987 he started writing a daily business analysis column for The Age and Sydney Morning Herald, which continued uninterrupted until he joined Business Spectator as a commentator and part-owner. www.twitter.com/stevebartho, Google +
- Robert Gottliebsen – Associate Editor: Founder and launch editor of The Australian Financial Review’s Chanticleer column, founder and launch editor of BRW magazine, former host of the Business Daily on Sky News, former business columnist in the Fairfax newspapers and, until he joined Business Spectator, was national business commentator for The Australian. www.twitter.com/bgottliebsen Google +
- Tristan Edis: Editor, Climate Spectator: Tristan joined Business Spectator in 2012 to this he was a Research Fellow within the Energy Program at the Grattan Institute. Tristan’s experience also includes: Associate Director with Ernst and Young’s Project Finance Advisory Group; Manager Policy and Research at the Clean Energy Council and its predecessor the Business Council for Sustainable Energy.
- Supratim Adhikari: Editor, Technology Spectator: Supratim has worked on both Business Spectator and Eureka Report, before taking over as editor of Technology Spectator. He has also been a regular producer of the KGB video series. https://twitter.com/SupratimA
Commercial, Marketing, Technology & Product
- Stuart Fagg: Head of Product & Operations: Stuart moved into digital product management in 2007 after 8 years as a journalist covering business, markets and finance in London and Sydney. He joined Business Spectator in 2012 from News Digital Media where he was network product manager for News Ltd’s finance, real estate and technology verticals and previously worked at ninemsn managing that firm’s finance verticals. Stuart leads Business Spectator’s product development across all platforms and devices.
- George Khriesh: Head of Technology: George is technology visionary with experience working in national and multi-national organizations as a senior executive in technology. George is passionate about IT strategy and new and emerging technologies. George has worked in finance, banking, retail and government sectors. George has also managed his own consulting firm, specialising in online solutions and strategy. He has worked throughout Asia Pacific and had direct dealings and business interactions in England, Central Europe and the USA.
- Cameron Moorfoot: Chief Financial Officer: Cameron is a member of the ICAA and became qualified while working in the audit and taxation divisions of WHK Day Nielsen in Geelong. He gained broad experience by working in London as a Finance Manager, then with a Housing Association and later with Britain’s largest gas company, Centrica. On returning to Australia Cameron was Finance Manager for a logistics and freight management solutions provider and then joined Business Spectator and Eureka Report as CFO in 2011.