Business Spectator is Australia’s number 1 digital-only premium business product. Founded in 2007 by Alan Kohler, Stephen Bartholomeusz and Robert Gottliebsen, it is now read by around 500,000 Australian professionals, business owners, executives and investors every month, viewing more than 2 million pages.
Business Spectator is published by Australian Independent Business Media (AIBM) Pty Ltd, also the publisher of Eureka Report, a subscription-based investment website for self-directed investors. AIBM is a wholly owned subsidiary of News Ltd.
- Alan Kohler – Chairman and Editor in Chief: Former editor of The Australian Financial Review and The Age, former business editor of ABC TV’s 7.30 Report, former Chanticleer columnist for The Australian Financial Review and a former columnist for The Age and the Sydney Morning Herald. He is currently finance presenter on ABC Television News, and publisher and founder of Eureka Report and Business Spectator. www.twitter.com/alankohler, Google +
- Nicholas Gray – General Manager & Publisher: Nicholas joined Business Spectator in June 2011 and leads all non-editorial functions of the business, including commercial, product & technology, marketing, strategy, finance and HR. Nicholas has full P&L responsibility for Business Spectator and reports to the board of Business Spectator & Eureka Report. Prior to his current appointment, Nicholas spent over four years at ninemsn as National Sales Director and before that CFO & Strategy Director. He was a non-executive director of the IAB, iSelect, Rate City and Mathletics whilst at ninemsn. Prior to that, Nicholas was Strategy Manager at Lion Nathan and an investment banker at Citigroup in London and Macquarie Bank in Sydney.
- Cliona O'Dowd – Editor: Cliona worked as a journalist and sub-editor on both Business Spectator and Eureka Report before taking over as editor of Business Spectator. She has a keen interest in wealth, banking, investing and European affairs. Before moving into journalism Cliona worked as an investments officer at Retirement Benefits Fund in Tasmania, and was employed for a number of years in the financial services industry in Dublin and London. She graduated from University College Dublin, Ireland, with a Masters of Economics in European Economic and Public Affairs. www.twitter.com/clionaodowd
- Stephen Bartholomeusz – Associate Editor: Former finance correspondent for the Sydney Morning Herald and senior investment writer for The Age. In 1987 he started writing a daily business analysis column for The Age and Sydney Morning Herald, which continued uninterrupted until he joined Business Spectator as a commentator and part-owner. www.twitter.com/stevebartho, Google +
- Robert Gottliebsen – Associate Editor: Founder and launch editor of The Australian Financial Review’s Chanticleer column, founder and launch editor of BRW magazine, former host of the Business Daily on Sky News, former business columnist in the Fairfax newspapers and, until he joined Business Spectator, was national business commentator for The Australian. www.twitter.com/bgottliebsen Google +
- Supratim Adhikari: Editor, Technology Spectator: Supratim has worked on both Business Spectator and Eureka Report, before taking over as editor of Technology Spectator. He has also been a regular producer of the KGB video series. https://twitter.com/SupratimA
Commercial, Marketing, Technology & Product
- Stuart Fagg: Head of Product & Operations: Stuart moved into digital product management in 2007 after 8 years as a journalist covering business, markets and finance in London and Sydney. He joined Business Spectator in 2012 from News Digital Media where he was network product manager for News Ltd’s finance, real estate and technology verticals and previously worked at ninemsn managing that firm’s finance verticals. Stuart leads Business Spectator’s product development across all platforms and devices.
- George Khriesh: Head of Technology: George is technology visionary with experience working in national and multi-national organizations as a senior executive in technology. George is passionate about IT strategy and new and emerging technologies. George has worked in finance, banking, retail and government sectors. George has also managed his own consulting firm, specialising in online solutions and strategy. He has worked throughout Asia Pacific and had direct dealings and business interactions in England, Central Europe and the USA.